Be notified of new changes. Subscribe to the What's New at Insight Software Solutions email newsletter.
We welcome your suggestions for enhancements and improvements. Please use
our online form to report a bug. Email us with
other questions or comments. Want to know how to upgrade?
- The program now works correctly with macro files that are read-only.
- Updated the font selection for shortkey macros that Paste Rich Text.
- The RunQuiet advanced installation option now disables the 'Prompt about read-only status on macro files' option and sets the Default Action to 'Leave the file as is'.
- Updated the help.
- Restore Window Positions may now be used when the Explorer window is displayed.
- Updated the hook to improve compatibility with other programs that also use hooks.
- Increased the width of the dialog that displays the 'File is read-only' message.
- When a macro file is loaded in the Keyboard Express Explorer it is now highlighted.
- By default 10 items are now included in the most recently used list of macro files.
- All open macro files are now included in the list of most recently used macro files.
- Added support for persistent macro files.
- Added 'Close open macro files before loading another macro file' option to the preferences that will close open macro files when another macro file is opened.
- Restore Window Positions now resets the column widths and the size and position of the main program window.
- Made a modification to the 'Website' command to make the 'wait for webpage' option more reliable.
- Changed the macro locking timestamp from local time to universal time. This should help prevent issues where a macro is being edited by one user in a different timezone and another user being unable to open the macro because of the timestamp.
- Improved support for non-default DPI settings on Windows 7 and Vista.
- Fixed a problem wehre the AM/PM indicator was missing from the scheduled macro dialog.
- The horizontal scroll bar in the yellow box in the editor no longer disappears when the dialog is resized.
- The splitter above the yellow box in the editor no longer disappears when the dialog is resized.
- Importing a Program Configuration file (.wcfg) file without a QuickStart section no longer causes an error message.
- The file association for the .kex file extension set by the installer now works.
- Fixed a problem that occurred if Preferences dialog was displayed after the Categories column was resized.
- Fixed a problem where loading recently loaded files would sometimes get confused.
- Fixed a problem that occurred when 'Display the advanced file prompt' is disabled and 'Close open macro files before loading another macro file' is enabled.
- Fixed a problem copying a macro created via the Quick Macro wizard.
- Fixed a problem where handles used by other programs would increase whenever the mouse was on top of that program.
- The command line parameter in the Preferences is now properly stored in the startup shortcut.
- Corrected a typo in the dropdown list for text playback options on the Editor window that said 'Simulate Keystokes' instead of 'Simulate Keystrokes'.
- Fixed an issue that was caused by Microsoft Security patch.
- Fixed a lockup that could occur when using the 'Swap File' command.
- Fixed a handle leak in the mouse hook.
- Fixed a problem with the LICENSENAME and LICENSECODE advanced installation options.
- Fixed the cause of a crash that would occur when a very large number entered into the font size field when editing shortkey macros that Paste Rich Text.
- Fixed the cause of a crash that occurred when a macro is halted.
- Attempts to load a corrupted macro now display a warning message and close the script editor instead of crashing.
- The program no longer crashes when you click Cancel after attempting to open a read-only macro file.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when saving the hotkey.
- Fixed a crash that occurred when changing the application's configuration while the hotkey editor is open.